Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to the Martin County, Florida Fishing Report.  Recent fishing conditions in the Indian River lagoon around the Jensen Beach causeway.  Tropical Storm Andrea dumped a huge amount of rain and the runoff reduced the salinity in the lagoon, so we've had a few days of poor to mediocre fishing.

Salinity is returning to normal levels, though and as a result fishing is improving.  My last trip was 6/10/13 and I had a pretty good day.  I baited with shrimp, squid, and swam a live fish (Pinfish) on my heavy action rod. Catch was 2 sheephead, one spadefish and one 25" Bluefish.  The Blue I caught on the live bait on my heavy.







Hobe Sound:  No bites of note and mostly bait thief small fish at the Greenfield Park Fishing Dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment