Sunday, January 19, 2014

I'm Baaaaack!

OK, to catch everyone up on the last 4 months, I've been in hospital for all but 10 days due to heart issues and a cople of strokes.  I will be changing the focus somewhat in my next series of articles for the report.  I'll be discussing fishing when you are in a wheelchair or on a walker and what the various spots here in Martin, St Lucie and Okeechobee Counties have to offer.  The reason for this change of focus is because I am now in a wheelchair mostly with very limited walking ability on a walker.



Areas I know are accessible include Jensen Beach Causeway on both the mainland and Hutchinson Island sides.  There are some spots down by Hobe Sound that look promising, and then there's Sailfish Point on the Atlantic side of Hutchinson Island.  As I fish these areas, I will be rating them for access and what facilities are offered and exactly what kind of fish are best targeted there.  So, let's look forward to a great 2014 and get out there fishing, and show that the fishing is accessible to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment